I’m interrupting my usual flow of storytelling to acknowledge a milestone. Today I am thirty. On the one hand I am glad to see the back of my twenties which seemed full of nothing but grief, frustration and never ending battle. It’s fair to say i am more at peace now. On the other hand I feel a sense of unease for the future mixed with undertones of optimism !
So what would I tell myself if I could go back ten years to the beginning of my twenties…….
1. Your body really is a temple without your health not a lot else really matters.
2. Stop caring what others think, pushing yourself and people pleasing beyond your limits.learn to say no !
3. You will face many tough times. Grief is hard but it eases with time and the good memories will shine through the darkness.
4. Tough times test friendships it’s when you learn who the keepers are.
5. Treasure the small things in life like a sunny day, a moment of laughter or the smiles of loved ones.
6. You really are stronger than you ever thought you could be.
I had planned many things I hoped to achieve by 30 which have been somewhat derailed by life events. My own house, a wedding, a child.I don’t dwell on this I much prefer to live for each day and appreciate the small things and be grateful for whatever I have x